There are a few things to be aware of when looking for a home to rent or buy in Guernsey:
- With Guernsey’s small size of 25 square miles, there are strict housing regulations in place to protect the Island and its population
- You will be eligible to live in either the Local Market or the Open Market
- The choice of property at any given point is limited
- Good rental stock moves quickly
- Moving straight into your new home on arrival will save on temporary accommodation cost
HOW CAN I HELP?
- I will be your eyes and ears on the ground, looking out for your best interests at all times
- I will conduct a thorough search of the market to put together a complete list of options to suit your budget and brief
- I can visit your short-listed choices and do viewings on your behalf if you are unable to be on the island yourself and share info via photos or conduct a WhatsApp video call while visiting the property
- With my years of island experience and insight into the market, I can share details around each property with you e.g. location, schools, condition etc.
- During your Guernsey visit, you are able to view only the short list of selected properties, saving time and frustration
- With my experienced market insight, I carry out lease and purchase negotiations on your behalf, ensuring you pay a fair price
- I can check the inventory and produce a photographic schedule of condition for your records if you rent a property
- I can introduce you to trusted service providers as and when you require when purchasing a home e.g. finance provider, surveyor, lawyer etc.,
My service aims to remove some of the stress and uncertainty around your relocation and will enable you to move straight into your new home on arrival in Guernsey.